Next-Level Publishing: Heading towards 360 degree implementation approach
Over the past 20 years, we have had the privilege of working with some of the world’s leading organizations across industries including publishing, nonprofit, media, e-learning, healthcare and energy domains. In this course, we observed that information lying in disparate systems lead to certain scenarios that are a setback to performance.
- Digital Assets and other contents such as images, documents, videos, audios, pdfs etc. are stored in one of many isolated systems
- Email Content and database is stored in the email marketing system
- Subscriptions data, payments and circulation information are stored in another database in Subscription Fulfillment system
- Customer information – contact info, interactions, transactions etc. – is stored in the CRM system
- Editorial team struggling with complex workflows
- Marketing team lacking with crucial audience engagement analytics
Each of these systems has its own separate user interface to learn, its own database to manage.
Multiple websites increase complexity and costs associated with maintenance. The editorial team struggles with too much of rework in terms of switching between multiple systems – to publish a piece of content on multiple channels. Audience analytics is again vital as consumers share tons of user data while engaging with a brand through an increasing number of channels. We can say that behind every piece of content shared and interaction made, there is a consumer who is looking forward for a personalized experience. As a solution to these challenges industry ends up with YAS – Yet another System approach to fulfill increasing needs of editorial, marketing and management teams.
That’s where the Content Management System (CMS) becomes pivotal. When designed and developed keeping specific needs in mind, the CMS becomes the epicenter of a publishing company’s audience engagement strategies.
We have developed integrated systems which have ability to centrally manage multiple websites, microsites and content through a single interface. Granular audience analytics of consumer usage behavior gives a deeper insight on how content is doing. This effort in integrating systems gives rise to a 360° view of the organization