EDI- Electronic Data Interchange
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) in Jewelry ERP Software
The Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) allows the automatic, electronic transmission and reception of purchase orders and invoices to and from your clients.
- EDI module provides the capability to receive purchase orders, purchase order changes from EDI and send invoices to EDI software
- Purchase order and purchase order changes are received from EDI software, validated and transferred to sales module
- Invoices are received from sales module and transferred to EDI software
- Integration with many EDI companies
- EDI document support – 997, 855, 856, 810, 846
- Bulk UCC generation
- Bulk BOL generation
- Bulk inventory export to EDI vendors/Customers
- Sales from Memo tool
- Customer Setup
Customer information can be entered and stored and each customer is provided with a unique ID, which cannot be edited. Customer information includes customer id, customer name, address, invoice terms, credit limit, bank information, shipping information and further details.
- Customer EDI Information
Enters and stores EDI information for unique customers, allowing EDI transactions to occur with greater ease.
- Customer – Item Price
By using the Customer Item Price, a user can enter special prices for customers or different customer categories for a particular style/item or for a group of item/style. The Customer SKU# and UPC# is also defined for the customer for a particular style, which is required at the time of receiving EDI orders from the customer. The price entered is picked while reading 850.dat file.
- Receive PO & Changes (850 & 860) from EDI s/w
User can directly receive purchase orders from the EDI Module with the Receive PO feature from the EDI option. This feature allows the 850.dat file to be imported and the purchase order to be received using EDI. Users can specify the file path from where the file is to be imported. Data is taken through EDI and extracted for further processing.
- PO Changes Entry Screen
Users can make changes to purchase orders that are received through EDI.
- Send PO & Changes To Sales Module
When the 850 & 860 (purchase orders) are received, they are sent to the sales module for further processing. A range of purchase orders can be transferred by specifying the range based on either of the following
– Accounting Period
– Transaction Date
– Customer ID
– Transaction Number
- Receive Invoice from Sales Module
The Invoice at the sales module is imported to EDI, after the purchase order files are processed and the item is shipped. Invoices that are generated are initiated and allotted with a sequential number (for e.g. E0001).
- Invoice Entry Screen
User can either receive the invoices from the sales module or enter invoices manually.
- Send Invoice (810) to EDI s/w
Invoice (810) is a transaction set used to claim payment for the goods or services supplied by the user, using EDI
- Receive Invoice Ack (997) from EDI s/w
The buyer can acknowledge receipt of invoice and its accuracy with this feature. It is a standard functional acknowledgement (997) made by the buyer on receipt of sales invoice through EDI.